Sunday, February 1, 2009

SHUT UP

Shut up! No seriously . . . shut up! You know stop talking, close your pie hole . . . shut your mouth . . . you obviously aren't getting it! SHUT UP!!! How many times have you heard it said it or thought it . . even of yourself. I've had it.

What i believe is not politically correct, fluffy or for the faint of heart or weak of mind.

I am a Christian! I believe that Christ died for me on the cross about 2000 years ago. I believe that he died to pay the ultimate price for my sins, and yes I do sin. I believe that He rose from the dead 3 days later to prove that He is who He said He is, the sinless son of God. I believe that through my faith in Him, not by my works that I will receive the gift of salvation.

Sharing about my faith has been difficult. I stood in a soccer field in Mexico and told dozens of people about my relationship with Christ and how He has changed my life. So why do I find it so hard to tell people I see everyday about my faith. Am I embarrassed? Am I ashamed? Truthfully, yes! Now, I ask, who makes me feel this way?

Simple . . . who would want me to stop telling people about the redeeming love of Christ? Can you guess? Well let me tell you. Satan. He wants nothing more than for me to shut up. He knows that I have been snapped out of his hand, he already lost me . . . but what about the people that I will tell . . . what about the people reading this right now? So at every opportunity he tries to stop me. He doesn't want you to know. He doesn't want you to know about the freedom that there is in Christ. He doesn't want you to even think about the possibility of the after life. Why? He wants you! He wants you to suffer with him in hell for all eternity. Why? Misery loves company, and he wants yours.

Acts 4:20 For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.

God has done so much for me and in me. I have seen miracles, healing and many life changing things. Why should I shut up? The Bible tells me to go. Go and make disciples, speak, share and love.

I know there will be trials, persecution and suffering. BUT I also know about the life changing grace of God. I know what it truly means to be loved and forgiven. I know what it means to have hope. Money can't buy it. I know what it means to have self worth. God knows the very number of the hairs on my head and that he cares for me. That's right the God that created the whole earth, cares about me . . . and you! The next time you see a thunder storm, hurricane, volcano or the stars, just pause for a moment and take it all in. The All Powerful God that created all of those things, care for you, loves you and even hung on a cross for you!

No, I won't shut up!

1 comment:

  1. I am TDOT and posted an exhortation with binding and loosing on your blog = My friend who suffers from depression also posted. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete