Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blessed

Proverbs 31:28
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
There are many things that I can be called. A wife, a mother, a woman, a daughter, a sister, a friend and blessed. Honestly though there are times in my life that blessed is not the first word that comes to mind. Stressed, overtired, overwhelmed and frantic come to mind.

Tonight I was up for my usual midnight walk around my home, and as I was headed to my bedroom door I looked into my daughter's crib. At that moment I saw her curled up on her side, with the blankets scattered around. She had her hand up holding her “Soosey” in her mouth and she let out the most content sigh I have ever heard. It got me thinking about the first time I saw the ultrasound of her. And she had her hand up in the same position. I remember thinking at that moment how incredible God is. I was amazed that He truly was knitting this little one together inside me. I was also thinking about the first time I held her and I was in total disbelief. I couldn't believe that she was finally here and in my arms. I still look at her in amazement!

Tonight looking at her sleeping peacefully and hearing my Husband snoring not far away, I stood at the door and I felt one thing: Blessed!

I am blessed to have a comfortable home for my family, food in my fridge, clothes on our backs and most importantly each other. I am blessed with a loving husband, a healthy child, supportive friends and a close family. I am blessed to have a church that is our second home!

I call myself many things, but I pray that one day when Emma is grown she will call me blessed, because she has truly been a blessing to me! I thank God for her and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment