Friday, January 9, 2009

Back Playing WOW!

So my computer cooked itself a few months ago and because of which I haven't been able to play WOW.

The first few days it drove me nuts but as time went on, it showed me why I really missed playing. I didn't miss the game because of the instances, the gear or the graphic eye candy. I missed it because of the people that I play it with. I never thought that through a game I would meet so many incredible people, but I have. Because of WOW I have gotten to know people from all walks of life, and it is caused me to broaden my world view, think about things differently and learn that humor is important.

I play in the guild S T U N L O C K on the Eitrigg server. I started playing because of my friend Lexi. Soon after I frustrated the life out of her because I could hardly run in a straight line, my husband never got to see his computer again! :D Lexi and a few other people and myself started a guild called Elune's Blackguard. And we had a lot of fun, I never new until then exactly how much work a Guild Leader had to put into a guild. You have to schedule runs, figure out guild rules and guidelines, manage a web site, and most importantly looked after and out for the people in your guild. It became a second job for me, and it was at that point that the game wasn't fun anymore. So after a lot of thought I left our guild and joined a raiding guild, that to this day I think i hung onto by the skin on my teeth. It was a challenge being in that kind of environment. Where afk's were actually timed, gear was handed out in almost a military fashion and most of the reasons that I had played WOW to start off with were gone.

And then came S T U N L O C K, and am I ever happy that it did. I had played with Jason and Cassie for months on and off, and I found out what incredible people they are. And I was exceptionally glad that they welcomed me into their guild. The people that I play with are an extended family. They are helpful, caring, challengeing and love to laugh. I find that I can be myself around this group of people without and judgement. And in our guild we have all kinds, from stay at home moms to truck drivers, to military, to mechanics. One of our guilds unique qualities is the amount of women that we have. I would hazard a guess that close to half the guild is women.

I am glad to be back playing with my friends. My Hubby and I have a long way to go to 80, but thankfully we have some wonderful people to keep us company along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment