Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some inspiration . . .

I have been trying to make a conscious effort to engage in my interests. So today, rather than spend 6 hours on facebook (and yes it is possible) I decided to work on my scrapbooking. So far today I have a one page layout, a 2 page layout and 2 complimentary pages done!!! I haven't had inspiration like this is a while. It feels good to be going something that I love that is constructive!

I had an appointment with my counselor last night and a lot of things are starting to come to light and show me how to work through things in my life. Not to mention they amazing talk I had with my Hubby! My counselor talked about me and my self blame and negative self talk. I am my own worse enemy. Every time I catch myself assuming blame for things that aren't my fault, thinking negative thoughts about myself or wallowing, I am working on turning that around. For example: i think " you are worthless." I counter that with " you have a husband and God who loves you, you are worthy of love." It sounds kinda cheesy, but I can feel a difference in my heart.

Here is what I am putting for journalling on my complimentary page. I am going to hang them on my wall to continue to encourage me to think positively. This is my New Years resolution:

Believe in yourself
and all that you are.
Know that there is
something inside you
that is greater
than any obstacle

~Christian D Larson~


Stand taller

Reach higher

Love Deeper

Kiss Sweeter

Grow stronger

Sing louder

Dance Freer

Maybe this will encourage you too!~

No comments:

Post a Comment